A satisfying, dense dish reminiscent of scrambled eggs. The more veggies you add, the lighter it becomes.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 – 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed dry with a clean, dry cloth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Curry or chili powder (optional)
- 2 T nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 T soy sauce or salsa (optional)
Other veggies to add (optional)
- Spinach or other leafy greens
Sauté onion, pepper in a coated wok or pan on medium heat, with a dash of water, for 3 minutes or so. Smoosh and crumble the tofu using your hands, into the pan and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often to keep from sticking, adding a splash of liquid if needed. Add remaining ingredients; cook 5-7 minutes more.