This is a great tool to pack in vegetables and fruits and thus antioxidants and nutrients. Please note that overall, we are meant to chew our food, allowing enzymes in the mouth to start breaking down carbohydrates, and exercise needed facial muscles. Souse this gem-of-a-recipe mindfully, and not everyday.
Further, because the blender breaks down fiber, carbohydrate enters the blood stream rapidly, which may not be good for those with metabolic syndrome, glucose or insulin sensitivity, overweight or obesity, or vascular disease.
- A few big kale leaves [strip leaves from stem]
- 1 small carrot or piece of a big one
- 1-2 cups frozen fruit [strawberries, blueberries, mango chunks, cherries, peaches…]
- 1 banana [frozen works best – peel a few and freeze in advance]
- 5 pitted dates
- 1-2 Tablespoons flax or chia seeds
- 2-3 cups plant milk:
Here you have a choice of plant milk:
Add 2-3 cuts water with either:
- ¼ C thick rolled oats
- ¼ C white beans
- 1/4 C cashews
Add 2-3 cups almond, soy milk or plant milk of your choice (choose one without added oil)
- Cinnamon stick or powder
- Fresh ginger or powdered
- Chunks or sprigs of other vegetables including beet, parsley, celery or squash like pumpkin
Whiz it all together in the blender, until very smooth, with ice, if desired.