This is a great tool to pack in vegetables and fruits and thus antioxidants and nutrients. Please note that overall, we are meant to chew our food, allowing enzymes in the mouth to start breaking down carbohydrates, and exercise needed facial muscles. Souse this gem-of-a-recipe mindfully, and not everyday.
Further, because the blender breaks down fiber, carbohydrate enters the blood stream rapidly, which may not be good for those with metabolic syndrome, glucose or insulin sensitivity, overweight or obesity, or vascular disease.
- A few kale leaves [strip leaves from stem] or spinach
- Frozen fruit [1-2 cups of strawberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches…]
- Banana [frozen works best]
- Dried fruit [4-6 pitted dates, apricots, raisins, prunes]
- ¼ C thick rolled oats OR ¼ C white beans or soy beans
- 2-3 cups water, or for a richer blend, almond or soy milk
Whiz it all together in the blender, until very smooth, with ice, if desired.
- 1 T flax or chia seeds
- Chunks or sprigs of other vegetables including beet, parsley, celery, tomato or squash like pumpkin