This elegant dish pops with color and is so simple to make.
- 1 medium eggplant cut in ¾” rounds
- 2 medium onions cut in ¼” rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in ¼” rounds
- Artichoke pesto
- Nutritional yeast to sprinkle on top
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil leaves, washed
- ½ C pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 tsp salt or miso (optional)
- ¼ C broth or water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Some washed spinach leaves
- 1 Can of artichoke hearts packed in water, rinsed and drained
Preheat oven to 350°F. On a non-stick cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper, first lay out all the eggplant rounds. Top each one with an onion slice, then with tomato slice.
Bake for 40 minutes or until eggplant rounds are completely soft.
While baking make pesto:
Please pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. the amount of spinach depends on how strong you want the taste, so tase it. Add a sprinkle more water if too thick.
Take out eggplant round from oven. Put a tablespoon of sauce on top and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.