Here’s a basic stir-fry recipe for broccoli, which adds garlic and onions for flavor and cashews for crunch and body – a good one to alter and experiment with as well.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed peeled and chopped, (discard tough bottom of stalk)
- ¼ C soy sauce
- 1 T fresh chopped ginger, or powdered
- ¼ C water or vegetable broth
- ¼ C whole cashews, roasted in toaster oven on 375°F for 15 minutes (optional)
Sauté onion in a wok or skillet, with a bit of orange-carrot juice, broth or other liquid, on medium heat until soft. Add everything else except cashews and simmer covered for ten minutes. Add cashews and serve.