Enliven every pasta dish with added vegetables! Here’s a basic recipe to motivate you.
- 1 Big box whole grain pasta
- 1 Can drained kidney beans
- 1 big bag frozen vegetables [California blend with cauliflower, carrots and broccoli, for example]
- ½ Small bag of frozen greens [kale, collards, spinach – this increases the nutrient value]
- 1 Can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Can
- ½ Bag frozen onions
- Spices [Italian mix, basil, pepper, garlic]
Boil pasta according to directions. Put the rest of the ingredients in a pot to simmer, around 10-15 minutes.
Open a bag of prepared lettuce and dress with an oil-free dressing. Make a double batch, for dinner and for lunch the following day. Make a double of salad as well and put in an air tight container for dinner the following night.