You’re launched on a lifetime of great food and great snack! Here is a filling and satisfying breakfast on-the-go, or a perfect homemade bar to stash at work. It never gets boring, as you can rotate through a variety of add-ins, like apricots, dates, cranberries or figs, pecans or walnuts, peanuts, or the occasional chocolate chips. Store-bought bars with isolated soy protein need not apply.
- 3 C rolled oats (regular, not quick or instant)
- ½ C whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T Ener-G Egg Replacer OR 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- ¼ C maple syrup or soaked dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ C applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C soymilk (or other plant milk)
- 1/3 C raisins
- 1/3 C dried cranberries or dried fruit
- 1/3 C walnuts
- ½ C chopped apple
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1/3 C Coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients, then add the rest of ingredients and mix just until uniform.
Spread out in a 13 X 9 inch – glass works well as it tends not to stick.
Bake 25 – 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes up clean.
Cool. Cut into 16 rectangles.