A creamy casserole topped with whole-grain bread crumbs to satisfy even those used to cheese sauces.
- 1 bunch fresh, washed and chopped spinach leaves, or 1 bag frozen
- 1 cauliflower washed and cut up
- 1 T whole flour – wheat, spelt, etc.
- 1 and ½ T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ¼ C plain soymilk
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash coriander
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- Dash of soy sauce
- ½ C or so, whole grain breadcrumbs
- Paprika (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Steam cauliflower for 5 minutes, until just soft. Place chopped spinach in bottom of casserole dish. Place cauliflower on top of spinach.
In saucepan, add flour, yeast, milk and seasonings. Stir briskly and warm over medium-low heat for a minute. Add soy sauce and vinegar and turn up heat to medium. Bring almost to a boil, whisking constantly, to thicken.
Pour sauce over cauliflower. Top with breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes.
There are no reviews yet.