This baked dish uses the taste of nutritional yeast to add zesty, cheesy flavor without added fat or dairy. Baked eggplant just melts in your mouth – make sure to bake long enough to soften thoroughly
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced in ½” rounds
- 1 C oats blended in blender, with ½ T Spike or seasoning mix
- ½ C unsweetened plant or soymilk
- 1 jar pasta sauce (look for oil- and cheese-free)
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ C Parmesanish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat the bottom of 4 quart baking dish with a thin layer of sauce. Use a fork to swish each slice of eggplant in the milk, and then the oats, and place in baking dish. Layer with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle celery and pepper on top. Cover with sauce. Sprinkle top with ½ cup or so of Parmesanish. Bake covered for 30 – 40 minutes, until a fork tests that eggplant is fully soft. Broil uncovered for 5 minutes.
There are no reviews yet.