This is a very satisfying alternative to a tuna salad, that can be used in sanwiches, wraps or salads. Make more than you think, as it goes fast!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 T relish (dill pickle)
- ½ tsp onion flakes
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 T low sodium soy sauce
- 2 T Tofu mayo, below
- 1 tsp kelp (optional)
- pepper, lemon pepper and/or paprika
Tofu Mayo – mix, or whirl the ingredients together in a blender
- 1 box Mori Nu silken Tofu, (or regular in a tub – anything works except extra firm)
- 2 T lemon juice, or use half vinegar
- ½ tsp salt or miso
- 1 teaspoon sweetener like agave, barley or maple syrup, (optional)
Mash chickpeas in a large bowl with a fork until coarse and no whole beans are left. Alternatively, pulse beans in a food processor a few times, but careful not to puree. Add celery and remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Add more of the mayo and/or kelp as desired, and black pepper to taste.